Saturday, December 20, 2008

Here's The Scoop


Emily has been sick for a week and a half now. Here's the quick rundown of what has happened. She saw a doctor in Dallas and another in Green River who both thought that her vomiting, headaches and neck pain was due to fluid in her ears or a possible ear infection. Yesterday morning it got really bad though, and I took her to the University of Utah ER. She became unresponsive, and they had to put her on a ventilator and they then moved her to the ICU. She is being sedated so she doesn't try to pull the tubes out, and this also helps with the discomfort. Although the cultures take a few days, all signs point to viral meningitis. They are treating her with broad spectrum antibiotics and antivirals. There is still no timeline for removing the breathing tube, but we are trying to be optimistic. I am asking for prayers, or just keep her in your thoughts. I will blog when I can if we get new information. If you have my number, feel free to text or call and I will try to keep you in the loop. Thank you all, and have a merry Christmas!

8 comments:

Necha said...

I am so sorry! I was Emily's room mate at WWCC, in case you didn't know. But we will be praying and fasting for her! I am just so sorry! It makes me very sad to see her in the hospital bed like that...and knowing that she has a baby and a husband at home worried about her. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR HER!!!

Jay & Heather said...

Wow! Good luck with everything, We well keep you in our prayers!

Jay and Heather (Quitberg) Hovander

Unknown said...

You are both in our prayers. Take care of that little one too.

Brian and Tonya said...

We are praying for her. Also, our home is open for any of your needs. We live on the U of U campus, so please don't hesitate to call. Grandma L knows how to get a hold of us.

Samantha J. said...

Emily is in our prayers. I hope she gets better soon! Until then take care of Maya and yourself as best you can without her. Have a good Christs!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry Branch! I hope she can recover soon. You will all be in our prayers!

Jaimin said...

I will definitely be praying for you all (and a little extra Emily's way).

Unknown said...

You should watch out for a strong wind from the East b/c it's from all the prayers me and my family are sending your way! Em is such a strong girl; I hope she gets better soon. Best wishes,

Jill