Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Song

Em has posted the weekly question (though it was a little late). This week she wants us to all blog about our favorite Christmas song, and tell why it means so much to us. I love singing, and I especially love singing Christmas carols, but there is one that easily comes to mind as my favorite. Oh Holy Night. There are few arrangements of this song that don't make me feel warm inside, and make the hair on my arms stand on end. My favorite arrangement (for the past 9-10 years) is an a'capella version by a group called Voicemale on their first Chritmas CD called Jingles. If you click HERE when you are done reading, you can hear the first 30 seconds or so of this song. Favorite! If forced to pick my second favorite song, it would have to be Mary Did You Know? Though I am not sold on any one arrangement. The reason these songs are my favorite, is that they really help me feel the true meaning of Christmas. It isn't about snow or gifts... and it dang sure isn't about Santa. It's about the Lord.
Thanks for reading. -Branch

3 comments:

Jeremy Griggs said...

VoiceMale is one of my favorite groups too. If you like acappella Christmas music, check out www.octappella.com and free a song download.

Cheers!

Jaimin said...

My bro, Jared's, old singing group, Go Fish, did a pretty good version of Mary Did You Know. I'm not sure how I could send it to you to listen to though...:) Love your pics for songs though! :)

Unknown said...

Oh Holy Night is my favourite Christmas song too! It's so simple, yet powerfully arranged.