Monday, November 17, 2008

Catching up...

I know... it has been a few weeks since I have posted a blog. It seems like I was anti-blog after the competition ended the way it did. Maybe I was burned out. Anyhoo, im feeling better now and I have some stuff to share to catch up.
First off, I need to answer Emily's question of the week (last week) "describe your perfect day". The perfect day would start with Maya sleeping through the night until at least 8 or 8:30 am. Then pancakes for breakfast and then get ready for the day. We would then spend some time with my parents, brother, sister (and her family). And then go over to Emily's moms house for a while. I would then play 9 holes with Emily's dad (and her brother Seth, if he is in town) in the afternoon (I miss this), and have all-you-can-eat crab at the Jumbo Buffet in Salt Lake City. We would then go to a movie before going to bed. Ahhhhhh....
I decided we needed to get some pictures of Maya for Christmas ornaments. So we went to Wal-Mart for some cotton batting, and Emily made her a Santa hat. Here are a few of the pictures we took.
We have some good news for those who were hoping to see us at Christmas time... We had decided that with the fallen gas prices, we could afford to go home if we drove there. Emily got an email today from her sister, telling her about a great deal with Southwest airlines. They are offering 50% plane tickets going into /out of Salt Lake City Utah (which is where we fly through to go home). This deal ends tomorrow, so we cemented our plans and bought tickets today. YEAH!!!!!!
The last thing I wanted to post is a little video of Maya from earlier today. Emily was feeding her a little bit of applesauce and she kept making a cute pucker face. Here you go. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Sarah E. said...

Cute, cute face! I am so glad that you are comming! Fluing is so much more fun than driving!

Seth and Julie said...

Cute pictures. You need to use the 2nd one for Christmas cards. I love the funny face video too. You will have to ask Emily about the time we gave Alyssa plums as a baby. I think she was there. It was hilarious.

Amberly Pattison said...

Too bad that second pic wasn't entered into the contest, she would have won for sure. Can't wait to see you. It was nice talking to you the other day.