Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Great Transpirations

What a week. Since last I blogged a lot has transpired. I was in my last week of break and we planned for Emily to go back to work for 4 more days. Due to her absence, I got to be a stay-at-home daddy and it was really fun. We also had pictures of Himaya taken in her blessing dress & bonnet (which my mom made). Yesterday I went back to school and began my last year of school. That's right... I am now a senior for the last time (until I am old). During the summer semester I am taking upper extremity orthotics (bracing), upper extremity prosthetics and I have 2 days a week of clinic rotation. For years I have wanted to eventually work at Shriner's Hospital (a children's hospital); so before this semester I made a request to the P&O director to go to The Scottish Rite ( another children's hospital). This is going to be a great opportunity for me to get more experience working with kids, which will be great on my resume when I apply at Shriner's. So I had thought that the week was going really well, but I had no Idea how much better it was going to get. I have always taken issue with the concept of in-state vs. out-of-state tuition, because why should I be penalized for not being born in a state with a prosthetics & orthotics program? I pay about 3 times as much as my Texas-native classmates, which I think is ridiculous. Well, yesterday I found out that since I had lived in Texas for 12 months, I was eligible to petition for in-state tuition, AND I GOT IT!!!! This will save us about 12-14 thousand dollars over this second year! I am elated to say the least. I know that this is a blessing from the Lord for our decision to have Emily stay home to take care of Himaya rather than putting her in day-care while Em went to work. Life is at a high point again from where I am sitting. Thanks for your stopping by to read about the family. Have a great day, and be looking for another blog around Sunday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so blessed! I don't think I will ever be able to thank you enough ore tell you how much it means to me for everything you have given me. I love you!

Tara said...

YAY!! Congrats on the in-state status. God is Good. :)

Krystle Ricks said...

YEAH!!!! THAT IS THE BEST NEWS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are lucky to be going to a school that only charges like two thousand a semester so I can't say that I know what you are going through, but I AM so HAPPY for you!!!
Oh, and your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!

Brian and Tonya said...

Hi Guys,
It's Em's cousin, Tonya. Just found your blog through one of her e-mails. Himaya is an absolute doll. I'm so happy for both of you. Congrats :)