Friday, April 11, 2008

The First Day






Let me first apologize for the lag in posting... I hope it doesn't seem as though I lost interest. If I thought that yesterday was great, it was nothing compared to today. Yesterday she spent the majority of the day sleeping, but was almost never in her bassinet, cause we couldn't put her down. Then the night came, and she was awake the whole time. She spent most of the night down the hall in the nursery, returning every 3 hours for feeding. The nurse kept telling us that she wasn't sleeping, but she wasn't crying either. She just laid there and looked around. This morning I begrudgingly went to class, thought it is only across the street and takes only about 5 minutes to get there from here. I came back and ate lunch in the middle of the day, and we had quite a few visitors. We hung out and she was awake for most of the evening, and we even went for a walk. Emily is looking forward to getting home tomorrow, though she is a little nervous about losing her safety net (doctors, nurses, lactation consultants, etc.). Here are a few pictures we snapped today, and a video as well. Thanks for stopping by to read about our little family!

Branch Emily and Himaya

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Going home is kinda scary, huh! It's hard to lose that support! My best advice is to keep on it with the nursing, and if you run into ANY trouble, call your local chapter of La Leche League (or a Grandma, of course) before reaching for some formula. Nursing those first few days can SUCK. At least it did for me... a lot. But the effort is *so* worth it!

Good luck bringing the little one home!

I still can't decide who she looks like...

Krystle Ricks said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BABY!!!! OH MY GOODNESS! I agree with Lynette, going home is very scary but after the first day your house just feels with this amazing spirit and the fear goes away (sort of) at least it is covered by overwhelming joy. Congrats you two! Keep posting pictures!!!