Wednesday, April 9, 2008

More about Himaya




Just now thinking about it, I realized that I should mention the significance behind the name Himaya. I had a great opportunity to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Philippines, and I was there for about 2 years. While there, I learned to speak a dialect of Filipino called Ilonggo (ee-long-oh). One of the many many words I learned was Himaya, which means glory in Ilonggo, and I thought that was the perfect name for a baby girl. Other important information on our new baby girl, is that we just got her back from the nursery, and we just found out that she is 20 inches long (tall)... a piece of info that we had been waiting for since they took her for examination at 10:30 this morning. Here are a few more pictures, and another video. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations you guys! She is absolutely beautiful! I'm glad the turning worked out, and that everything went well. That is awesome that you kept record through out the whole thing Branch. That will be great to look back at in the future!!