Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Fun

Today was a nice Saturday for many reason. We relaxed at home this morning until Em's mom and Tony came over. Her mom took her and Maya, and Em's sister and daughter for some girl time (craft/thrift stores, etc.). Tony and I went to the car show in Sandy. Saw quite a few cool cars, including a Dodge Challenger, which is my realistic dream car (though it was not the right color). It doesn't what my real dream car is, cause its never going to happen for multiple reasons. I had this moment today where I realized that you people reach a point where they are literally wasting tons of money on their car.
Honestly, why would someone spend almost $70 K on a Cadillac Escalade when they could buy a VERY similar SUV from Ford or Chevy for less than half the price? Do the luxuries in the Caddy really warrant spending twice as much? Really? I highly doubt it. And I dont care that people buy it based on the fact that they can afford it. Thats a stupid reason to spend way too much money on a vehicle. There was a Bently convertable there at the car show... I $#!* you not, the MSRP was $370,000. Dont get me wrong, it looked like a nice car from where I could see it (they wouldnt let anyone get closer than about 10 feet from any of the Bentey's) but not $370K worth of "nice". Still... It was a lot of fun. We then all got back together for frozen yogurt. All in all, a good Saturday.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

Tony and Ann said...

You look great in that car. Why won't Em let you have it??

Clint Moore said...

Yeah, it's good to be practical when it comes to buying a car. That includes calculating the costs, from the initial price and the maintenance, to the overall lifespan of the vehicle... Nonetheless, it's a ton of fun to enjoy the sights of a car show, no?