Saturday, January 31, 2009

Gonna keep on keepin' on


So... I haven't blogged for a few weeks (mostly due to my lack of blog-worthy material), but here we go again. I am still holding down the fort (or apartment) while Em and Maya are in Wyoming. Em has been getting steadily better, and has now gone a month without a seizure. Though the recovery seems near complete, she is still easily fatigued and doesn't know if she is yet able to be alone with the little-girly all day while I'm at school/clinic. People keep asking when they are coming home; the answer is...well...I don't have an answer. We origionally planned that they would come home after the neurology appointment on Feb. 17th; but if she does that, less than 2 weeks later, I will be gone for 10 days interviewing for a residency position. We are thinking that she may just stay there until after I interview, and we can just all come home together. We will see.
So after a lot of complaining, I finally got a video of Maya taking a few steps. This is from a few days ago...I think Em said 4 steps in a row is her personal best.


This one is Maya doing a little dance while playing with her toy dog.

Lately, we have been able to communicate despite the distance thanks to the magic of technology.

2 comments:

Krystle Ricks said...

Let's hope she doesn't dance like that when she's older! haha! I'm just kidding! Isn't most of modern technology so nice?! I'm so glad that you've been able to see Himaya and Em. I just can't believe it, but both of your' guys' attitudes (that's horrible grammar!) about this whole ordeal has been sooooooooooooooo INSPIRING!!!! GOOD LUCK with finding a residency! I can't wait to hear when Emily can come home!!!!!!

Emily said...

You are an amazing father and an amazing husband. You are the reason I can make it through this time without you. I NEVER EVER want to do this again though! I love you!