Sunday, January 4, 2009

EEG Head... or is it EGG Head (maybe both)


Emily is doing a lot better again. She is more with-it, and hasn't had any seizures since yesterday. Actually... the neurologists won't accept that she has had any seizures at all until they see one show up on the EEG (electroencephalogram). So the plan is to keep her head covered in little sensors that monitor her brain activity until Monday or so. We see holes in this plan though. They are keeping Emily on anti-seizure medication (double what she was prescribed last time we left the hospital), but they want to see her have a seizure so they know what is going on... How is she supposed to have one, when meds are working hard to prevent it??? We have asked, but their answer doesn't make sense. Both Emily's mom and I are a little annoyed that they won't accept that she has been having seizures. She is an ER nurse, I have a lot of experience working with epileptics. We have both seen our share of seizure activity. So if they weren't seizures, then what were they?
Emily has this white hat made of bandage to cover the EEG leads, so we decided to make it more fun. Her sister used my sharpie to lighten-up the situation. Emily and I want to thank you all for reading and caring about her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I can't believe how much you guys are going though. I was reading your blog from the other day and the one from today and just started balling my eyes out. Not really a great way to start the new year out. I just wanted to let you guys know that my thoughts are with all of you!!! Thanks for keeping everyone posted.

CassideeT said...

We are following your blog and praying for you guys. Let us know if you need anything when you get back to Texas.