Monday, October 13, 2008

I will be sad if you don't vote for me...

All righty! I first want to thank everyone for giving their opinion regarding the picture we should post for the radio contest. If you are reading this, and have no idea what I am talking about, scroll down to my post from 10/5/08. The picture that got the most votes was "monkey face", and it is now up for voting. We need your help! We want to send Himaya through to the next round. The voting starts at 12:01 am Tuesday and ends at 11:59 pm Friday. You are allowed "one vote per valid email address per computer per day". I will post the link at the end of this email, after you click on the link here is how you vote for Himaya. At the top of the pictures, there is a link labled "Next Poll>>" click on it, and scroll down about a quarter of the way (in the "H's" duh). Click on the dot next to her name and scroll all the way to the bottom. Then enter your email address and click on "Vote". Then you have to go to your email to confirm your vote...unfortunately, you have to go back to your email every time you vote. I know there are a lot of cute babies on there, but don't be distracted....focus on the task at hand. After voting for Himaya, then feel free to peruse the other photos...haha!
Himaya has changed SO much these last couple of weeks. About the day after she could flip from her back to her front, she started pushing herself forward. Within a few days she was lifting her belly off the ground and falling forward to move around. By now she has pretty much mastered crawling. When it is time for her to go to sleep and she doesn't want to, she started crawling around in her crib, and crying as she looked through the bars at us. We had throw a blanket over our bar stools and block her view so she would go to sleep. After 2 days of that, she decided to just stand up in her crib so she could see us over the top of the barrier. This bewildered us, and prompted us to lower the mattress level in her crib so she wouldn't try climbing out the top. I am constantly awestruck as I get to see her learn and figure things out. She is growing up and changing every day. She hit the 6 month mark on the 9th, so we recorded her height on the newly-sanded "Hunsaker Height Board". We will take it with us, and when we buy a house, it will be permanantly placed.
School is going well... I am fitting my patient with my first above-knee prosthesis in the morning. I hope everything is right, though I am sure something went wrong. I had the un-luckiest day of my life on the day I made the socket for his prosthesis. I managed to mess up twice trying to pull the plastic test socket, which I cracked trying to remove the plaster; I lost my school ID and annual public transportation pass, and I split the zipper on my backback just before getting on my bike to head home from school. I should have stayed in bed that day. It all turned out ok in the end though (except for the ID and bus pass). The biking is still going well. I have managed to lose almost 15 lbs now (though I don't think it really shows yet). I feel better than I have in a long time, and so do my knees. Too bad I started this just before it gets too cold for bike riding. I know I live in Texas... but it will get down to 20-25 degrees (not optimal bike-riding weather). I will keep it up somehow. Anyhow. I think I have rambled on long enough. Thanks for reading and thanks for voting. Tell everyone you know to vote for Himaya! Here is the link:
CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR HIMAYA!!!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Voted. Go Himaya!!

Unknown said...

I CANNOT believe she's standing already! That's incredible! Lily is a couple of weeks older and isn't even there yet! Go Himaya!

Seth and Julie said...

I think it is so funny that she crawls and stands up on her own. Chloe just started crawling too but she is 9 1/2 months old. Of course my babies have a lot of weight to try to support so they take forever to crawl. Chloe still falls when she tries to pull herself up and stand. YAY MAYA!

Krystle Ricks said...

CHECK!

Seth and Julie said...

I just voted again and you do have to reconfirm your e-mail address everyday. No big deal...just wanted to give you a heads up so you can pass the word along to make sure all our votes get counted.

Tara said...

http://www.couponforum.com/cf-1274436.html#1274436 We'll get those votes up there ;)