Thursday, March 20, 2008

My BIG plan...

I think a weight loss plan is more than warranted at this time in my life. I haven't thought of myself as thin or as being "in shape" for over 5 years, and I want to get back to that point again. This has been gnawing away at me for quite some time now, but was exacerbated by yesterdays class activities. I have known for months that when we got into studying the spine and all the different orthoses that are used in treating spinal deformities, I would have to be shirtless in front of others. Let me just say that there is nothing that will better snap you to the reality of your size like seeing a plaster model of your abdomen. It really blew my mind. Like I said, I know I am on the chunky side, but seeing exactly how big I am brought me to see the gravity of the situation. I don't have an exact plan worked out yet, cause the shock hasn't completely worn away yet, but I am going to put measures in place to get myself in better shape. I know I have said this time and time again, but I think yesterday scarred me for life. I don't want to be self conscious of my size anymore. If you read this, do me a favor and encourage me.

1 comment:

Krystle Ricks said...

Your blog made me sad. I've been saying I'll get in shape and lose all this baby weight for SEVEN MONTHS! Sheesh! Thanks for the inspiration. I hope you keep blogging, I love keeping tabs on all my friends lives! P.S. How to win friends and influence people is one of my favorite books too! yeah!